ClearShade™ Insulating Glass Units (IGU) allow architects, engineers and building owners to meet daylighting, solar heat control, energy efficiency, user comfort and aesthetic goals in a single product. ClearShadeTM units can be tailored to the designer’s vision and are suited for curtain walls, infill windows, clerestories, skylights, roof glazing, privacy panels, LED features, etc.
ClearShade™ glazing units redirect and diffuse natural daylight rather than blocking it.
- Providing up to 70% light transmission and diffuse, high-quality daylight penetrating through the space, ClearShade™ eliminates the need for artificial lighting during the day.
- By blocking solar heat and optimizing daylight in one product, ClearShadeTM eliminates the need for add-ons such as shading devices or light-shelves.
- Building owners to save cost in three ways: by conserving cooling energy, by conserving lighting energy, and by eliminating the cost and maintenance of add-on elements.
- ClearShade™ IGU can reduce Solar Heat Gain by 75%.
- ClearShade™ contributes to LEED credits, including Daylighting and Views, Energy and Atmosphere.
Panelite ClearShade™ is specified in the following building types:
- Educational buildings: schools, universities, library buildings
- Commercial: office buildings, corporate headquarters, retail space
- Airports and other transit hubs
- Convention centers, performance art centers, sports arenas, museums
- Residential buildings with privacy/view requirements
- With many options for customizing the color and cell sizes of the honeycomb inserts, designers have the flexibility to create dynamic views as well as privacy.
- The makeup of the insulating glass unit can be specified in a range of standard or custom colors, coatings, frits, and dimensions. Minimum orders may apply.
While ClearShade™‘s energy-saving and daylighting performance makes it ideally suited for exterior applications, designers also specify it for interior applications where natural light, privacy/ dynamic views, and durability are key criteria.