SNAP System for Backlit Walls and Ceilings | Easy to Install | Easy to Maintain
“The first panel we pulled out of the crate was the first panel we needed to install. Everything went smoothly after that and was in the exact order we needed it. All the supports were pre-cut and the panels were nicely framed out. We just shot lasers to make sure our wires lined up right, then mounted the carriers. Once you start snapping in the panels the system squares up by itself. Peeling off the protective film was the most difficult part! Installing the SNAP ceiling was easy. It looks good, and it makes us look good.”
– James Tate, Commercial Interiors Acoustics Inc., Installation team at AUDI Valencia, CA
Ease of installation
- Panels are delivered pre-framed
- Panels and channels are numbered and indexed to the system drawing
- System includes pre-framed panels, framing system, hangers and support channels.
- Torsion springs allow panels to snap in place easily with a high degree of tolerance.
- Panels will self-square during installation process
- Panels weigh only 1.25 lbs per square foot, and can be lifted by a single installer. They have a high strength to weight ratio due to their integral honeycomb cores, maintaining rigidity in spans up to 39″ x 118″.
- The entire system shown above at Audi Valencia is 550 sf of ceiling panels in modules of 39″ x 59″ and was installed by two men in just over one day, including inspection.
Ease of Maintenance
- Panelite SNAP system’s torsion springs allow easy removal of panels to replace lighting fixtures as needed.
- Self-structural honeycomb panels are extremely rigid and will never sag over time.
- Panels and framing have durable, semi-glossy finishes that are scratch-resistant, very easy to clean, and elegant in appearance.
Specifications: Snap System
- Fully welded steel frame, powder coat painted per approved color
- Framing and Suspension System includes matching J profile base, continuous 0.040″ thick mill finish retainer, 1/2″ perimeter frame, channel and fasteners, 16 gauge galvanized torsion spring channel
- Assembly includes Panelite panels installed into pre-fabricated frames prior to shipment to site
- Panelite Bonded Series B-TCW (Tubular Clear honeycomb, White semi-gloss facings)