ClearShade™ Insulating Glass Units (IGU) allow architects, engineers and building owners to meet daylighting, solar heat control, energy efficiency, user comfort and aesthetic goals in a single product. ClearShadeTM units can be tailored to the designer’s vision and are suited for curtain walls, infill windows, building facades, clerestories, skylights, roof glazing, privacy panels, LED features, etc.
ClearShade™ glazing units redirect and diffuse natural daylight rather than blocking it.
- Providing up to 70% light transmission and diffuse, high-quality daylight penetrating through the space, ClearShade™ eliminates the need for artificial lighting during the day.
- By blocking solar heat and optimizing daylight in one product, ClearShadeTM eliminates the need for add-ons such as shading devices or light-shelves.
- Building owners to save cost in three ways: by conserving cooling energy, by conserving lighting energy, and by eliminating the cost and maintenance of add-on elements.
- ClearShade™ IGU can reduce Solar Heat Gain by 75%.
- ClearShade™ contributes to LEED credits, including Daylighting and Views, Energy and Atmosphere.
Panelite ClearShade™ is specified in the following building types:
- Educational buildings: schools, universities, library buildings
- Commercial: office buildings, corporate headquarters, retail space
- Airports and other transit hubs
- Convention centers, performance art centers, sports arenas, museums
- Residential buildings with privacy/view requirements
- With many options for customizing the color and cell sizes of the honeycomb inserts, designers have the flexibility to create dynamic views as well as privacy.
- The makeup of the insulating glass unit can be specified in a range of standard or custom colors, coatings, frits, and dimensions. Minimum orders may apply.
While ClearShade™‘s energy-saving and daylighting performance makes it ideally suited for exterior applications, designers also specify it for interior applications where natural light, privacy/ dynamic views, and durability are key criteria.