Panelite’s Bonded Series™ honeycomb panels for interiors are ideally suited to backlit walls and ceilings in a range of applications including office, institutional, commercial, retail, trade show and hospitality spaces.
Design advantages of Panelite Bonded Series™ panels:
- Honeycomb structure has an excellent stiffness to weight ratio, allowing for minimal framing solutions and eliminating the need for intermediate framing in backlit applications.
- Using simple butt- or interlocking-joints, connections between panels are hardly visible allowing an uninterrupted expanse of light and color without structural shadows.
- The honeycomb core diffuses light, allowing the lighting source to be close to the panels, saving space. For example, backlit walls throughout the interior office space of Lifetime TV Networks used less than six inches of space for lighting and wall panels.
- Panels can be curved to a broad range of radii.
- Panels can be fabricated onsite using simple wood working tools. Not only does this reduce the possibility for error inherent in ordering pre-determined sizes, it also allows installers to achieve tighter construction schedules because panels can be trimmed onsite as required.
- Facing options allow designers a variety of ways to achieve their design intent. For example, a satin finish facing towards the light source can diffuse light more evenly, while glossy-faced frontside facings provide a sense of depth.
- A variety of installation details are available to create translucent honeycomb partitions or ceilings, including the minimal ClearConnect™ line which includes interlocking joints and pre-fabricated mitered corners, and the slightly more substantial SNAP system which offers exceptional ease of installation, maintenance, and removal of panel modules.