|ARCHITECT||CDR Studio (Design Architects) and GOREE Architects (Architects of Record for Audi Central Houston, pictured above)|
|WALL + CEILING SYSTEM||PANELITE SnapTM – Prefabricated for ease of installation|
|INSTALLER||Varies per location. For Audi Central Houston, above: Wier Enterprises|
|PHOTOGRAPHY||G. Lyon Photography, Inc.|
|LOCATION||Multiple. Above, Houston, TX|
|PANELITE PRODUCT||Bonded Series B-TCW (Clear Tubular Honeycomb core with White facings)|
|PANELITE SnapTM||complete pre-fabricated framing system for removable backlit panels at wall and ceiling.|
“Panelite’s translucent honeycomb wall and ceiling SnapTM system saved us time and labor on site, thanks to the light weight and ease of handling of the panels, and the sturdy, modular fabrication of the installation system. Each full-sized panel weighs roughly thirty pounds and resists deflection, making it very easy to handle. The framing system’s torsion spring and snap-in details are easy to work with, both at wall and ceiling. In addition to being very easy to handle onsite, these materials have durable, easy to clean finishes so that the final, high quality look was quickly and easily achieved.”
Zach Jones, Design Team Sign Company, Installer at Audi Nashville, TN
- The vehicle handover area at Audi USA dealerships is designed to be both dramatic and elegant, to give the new Audi owner a sense of the elite club they have just joined and to heighten the excitement of the moment they drive away in their new vehicle.
- A luminous wall and ceiling system conveys the Audi brand with high quality materials and details.
- The dealership needs the system to be easy to install and easy to maintain, from cleaning to changing light fixtures.
- MORE LIGHT: Bonded Series B-TCW panels – tubular honeycomb with clear facings on one side and white on the other – provide even, diffuse light transmission.
- MORE STRENGTH: Honeycomb panels offer higher durability and deflection-resistance than fabric or cast sheets. Fully welded, high quality powder-coated steel provides an elegant and highly durable frame.
- LESS WEIGHT: Panels weigh only 1.25 lbs per square foot, adding to the ease of installation. They have a high strength to weight ratio due to their integral honeycomb cores, maintaining rigidity in spans up to 39″ x 118″.
- LESS TIME: Installation and maintenance are…a snap. PANELITE SnapTM wall and ceiling system is pre-fabricated for ease of on-site installation, saving time and labor. The system includes torsion springs that allow easy removal of panels to replace lighting fixtures as needed. Panels and framing have durable, semi-glossy finishes that are scratch-resistant, very easy to clean, and elegant in appearance.
Specifications: Snap System
- Fully welded steel frame, powder coat painted per approved color
- Framing and Suspension System includes matching J profile base, continuous 0.040″ thick mill finish retainer, 1/2″ perimeter frame, channel and fasteners, 16 gauge galvanized torsion spring channel
- Assembly includes Panelite panels installed into pre-fabricated frames prior to shipment to site
- Panelite Bonded Series B-TCW (Tubular Clear honeycomb, White semi-gloss facings)
Download the full shop drawing of the system.